He received the bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and the M.E. in Electrical Engineering from Taganrog State University of Radio Engineering, Taganrog, Russia in 2002 and 2004, respectively. He defended his PhD in May,30 2007 in "05.13.18 - Mathematical modeling, numerical methods and program systems". The subject of PhD-thesis is "Relaxation-based approaches in mathematical modeling electrical circuits by decomposition". He took part in the Virtual Test Bed project as a model and system developer. As a part of Mr. Lyashev's research, he had been directly involved in developing the electro-thermal model for estimation of system reliability and programmable models in modified nodal basis for VTB. The other side of his investigations is methods of decomposition. Using VTB and MATLAB, Mr. Lyashev has also studied and researched coupling schemes and their features.
Mr. Lyashev is the recipient of a President Scholarship in 2003 and The Best Student Research Work Award from Russian Ministry of Education and Science in 2004.
He worked as Guest Researcher at Fraunhofer Institute of Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI) from November 2003 till July 2004. At SCAI his research was focused on approaches and solvers for Electromagnetic Compatibility problem.
He is currently an Assistant Professor at the Department of Fundamentals of Radio Engineering, TSURE. His work is focused on coupling methods of PDEs and ODEs for electro-thermal and electromagnetic problems that might allow to simulate multidisciplinary complex systems considering interactions between different physical phenomena.
2007 - current Associate Professor, Fundamentals of Radio Engineering Dept., Taganrog Institute of Technology
2004 - 2007 Doctoral Student, Fundamentals of Radio Engineering Dept., Taganrog State University of Radio Engineering
2003-2004 Guest Reseacher, Numeric Software Dept., Fraunhofer-Institute of Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
2002 - 2003 Research Assistant, Fundamentals of Radio Engineering Dept., Taganrog State University of Radio Engineering
2000 - 2002 Undergraduate Research Assistant, Fundamentals of Radio Engineering Dept., Taganrog State University of Radio Engineering
* Yong-June Shin, R. Dougal, Gennady Balim, Vladimir Lyashev, Vadim Popov, "Evaluation of Non-failure Operation Time of Power System Elements in Virtual Test Bed Environment via Time-Frequency Analysis," Proceedings of IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (IMTC-2005), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, May 2005., pp. 737-741.
* V. Lyashev, Current Situation in the Electromagnetic Analysis and Computations, Proc. of the International Conference AS-2004, Taganrog, TSURE, 2004, pp.23-28.
* G.M. Balim, V.A. Lyashev, The Methods of Pre-Development Estimation of Non-Failure Time of Electronic Devices for Computer-Aided Design Systems //Moscow: "Telecommunications", May 2003, ? 5, pp. 11-18. (In Russian)
* G.M. Balim, M.G. Levina, V.A. Lyashev, Non-equilibrium fluctuations, reliability and durability of analog chip components //Proc. of International Seminar "The Problems of Modern Analog Microcircuitry", part #2, Shakhty, SRSUES, 2003, pp. 15-21. (In Russian)
* V.A.Lyashev, A.Yu.Molchanov, Synthesis of the simplest RLRC-circuit for electrical simulation of dynamic processes in the linear approach // Materials of International science conference 'Dynamics of processes in nature, society and engineering: information aspect', part 2, Taganrog: TSURE, 2003, pp. 49-52. (In Russian)
* V.B.Dmitriev-Zdorov, V.A.Lyashev, Concurrent Relaxation and the Stability Problem in Mixed-Mode Cosimulation of Tightly-Coupled Systems // International conference 'Modelling As a Tool of Solving Engineering and Humanitarian Problems' (M-2002). Part 2.- Taganrog: TSURE, 2002, pp. 18-22.
* G.M.Balim, V.A.Lyashev, The Numerical Model of Electronic Device for Pre-Development Reliability Estimate // International conference 'Modelling As a Tool of Solving Engineering and Humanitarian Problems' (M-2002). Part 2.- Taganrog: TSURE, 2002, pp. 7-9.
* V.B. Dmitriev-Zdorov, V.A.Lyashev, M.N.Maksimov, Distributed Simulation Realization of Electrical Circuit in Local Area Network (LAN) // Moscow: "Telecommunications", Nov. 2001, ? 11, pp. 15-19. (In Russian)
* V.Dmitriev-Zdorov, R.Dougal, M.Maksimov, V.Popov, E.Solodovnik, Distributed Simulation of Electromechanical Systems in the Virtual Test Bed // Fifth IASTED International Conference Power and Energy Systems (PES 2001) in Tampa, FL, November 19-22, 2001.